2022/2023 Year in Review
UIL Academics at Ingram Tom Moore took another huge step forward during the 2022/2023 school year. Major highlights included sending over 30 people to Regionals, 10 people to State, earning back-to-back-to-back medals in team Current Issues & Events, and back-to-back top 4 finishes for team Literary Criticism. We also had a Senior win one of the prestigious Texas Interscholastic League Foundation scholarships for the second year in a row!
We took numerous individual and team awards on our way to the District Academic School Champion title, including:
- District Champion Teams: Literary Criticism, Number Sense, Mathematics, and Spelling & Vocabulary
- District Individuals Champions: Computer Applications, Computer Science, Copy Editing, Current Issues & Events, Editorial Writing, Literary Criticism, Persuasive Speaking, and Spelling & Vocabulary
At the Region 1 Competition at Abilene Christian University, ITM took 7th place overall (out of 58 schools), and took home:
- Regional Champion Team: Current Issues & Events
- Regional Runner-Up Team: Literary Criticism
- Regional Individual Champions: Current Issues & Events, Persuasive Speaking, and Ready Writing
Finally, at the UIL Academic State Meet at the University of Texas at Austin, we had 10 students compete.
State Runner-Up Team: Current Issues & Events
4th Place Team: Literary Criticism
State Runner-Up Individual: Current Issues & Events